For all your Window, Door & Security Solutions.

General FAQs

What are the new Building Code of Australia regulations in regard to Slips, trips and falls for windows?

Effective 1 May 2013, the BCA has introduced in Class 1, 2 & 3 in building and Class 9 for early childcare centres in regard to first and second storey homes, that windows in bedrooms have a restrictor to be used within 1700mm of the floor. For … Continue reading

Read more

What is the difference between STC and Rw ratings?

STC & Rw are laboratory test results and both mean the same as they relate to measuring sound, and are the terms used for acoustic ratings. The STC abbreviation means Sound Transmission Class, it is the measurement of internal sound transmission, eg high frequencies. The number rating … Continue reading

Read more

How do I maintain anodised aluminium?

To preserve the anodised aluminium finish over the years it is recommended regular cleaning. Deterioration of the anodic oxidation coating can occur mainly as a result of dirt deposits and subsequent moisture, particularly when it is contaminated with sulphur compounds. Cleaning should be carried out from monthly … Continue reading

Read more

Why do I need an Accredited Assessor’s report when building or renovating?

Under the Building Code of Australia, the Council of Australian Governments introduced key measures to help improve the energy efficiency of residential and commercial buildings across Australia. These new measures require that new buildings and renovations have a building energy assessments carried out. There are different software … Continue reading

Read more

Can you explain to me how to measure windows and doors to get a quote?

Our recommendation is that you get a tradesperson to measure, eg builder or carpenter so you have no issues with product not fitting correctly. If you decide to measure yourself here are some tips to help you but we still recommend a professional tradesperson. 1) You need … Continue reading

Read more

Can you explain some of the differences in the types of glass that are available for windows and doors?

There are many different types of glass available for windows and doors from standard float glass to double glazed units. Some typesof glass are used for different requirements, that is safety, energy efficiency, acoustics etc and what is used must comply with Australian Standard AS1288 Human Impact … Continue reading

Read more

I have noticed the letters BAL appear when I am looking at bush fire rated windows. What does BAL stand for?

BAL means Bushfire Attack Level. There are six Bushfire Attack levels from low to extreme. Information on BAL assessments are contained in the Australian Standard AS3959-2009 Construction of Buildings in Bushfire Prone Areas for further information please refer to this standard. The following shows the six bushfire … Continue reading

Read more

Why do my bifold doors have to have motif’s displayed across the glass? They look better without them.

Under AS1288-2006 Australian Standards Glass in Building any glazing that is capable of being mistaken for a doorway or opening (previously known as unimpeded path of travel) must have a motif displayed on the glass. Motifs are required for the following: • A glass doorway, eg sliding … Continue reading

Read more

My 18 year old timber double hung windows are not staying up. I have replaced the spiral tubes, tensioned both spirals and then screwed the base plate to the window on both sides?

There are different spiral sizes that take different weights. The spiral should have a coloured mark on it to indicate its weight range. You need to check to see if you replaced the old spiral with the same colour spiral, plus you need to check the length … Continue reading

Read more

We have timber windows but find that rain is coming in through the bottom of the window, how do we stop the water. The windows are stained from previous leaks, is this a sign of not being treated?

If you are getting staining and leaking through the joints on the timber windows or if the windows have not been stained or painted, water will be absorbed through the end grain of the timber and will leak leaving marks. You will need to dry the timber … Continue reading

Read more

Showroom Opening Hours:

8:30am - 4:00pm 8:30am - 4:00pm 8:30am - 4:00pm 8:30am - 4:00pm 8:30am - 4:00pm
Map_Icon View Showroom Location.

Values & Commitments

CDK are proud of our highly skilled workforce, exemplified by a number of our staff whose families have worked for us through the generations.

Our workforce is further complimented by our specialist sub-contractors who we have known and worked with for many years.

Bushfire Attack Levels

In the Australian Standards As 3959, they have classified different bushfire intensity levels that a home may experience during a bushfire.

These are referred to as Bushfire Attack Levels, or BAL’s for short.

Read More
1/55 Cameron Street,
Cranbourne, Victoria,
Australia, 3977
03 5996 3069
03 5996 3070